8/30/2003 01:21:00 AM [ link ]
no one told me they missed me when I got back from vacation.
that's all I really want, is someone who misses me when I'm not around...
8/16/2003 12:24:00 AM [ link ]
So, I wasn't really thinking about this while I was at the library, but I ended up sitting on the beach reading.... Dune.
It made me thirsty.
things of note:
1) best Chinese restaurant name ever: A Wok on the Beach
2) worst store name ever: Nu-Tu-Yu Antiques (in Arkansas.)
3) a water sprinkler used for wetting a gravel driveway. no grass in sight. (also Arkansas.)
4) a road sign that said "Warm Fork", complete with matching restaurant, "Warm Fork Cafeteria". actual road sign referred to a river.
5) numerous signs that abbreviated Mississippi without the courtesy of a period at the end, leading to no small amount of confusion with obscure beauty pageants. Leading, furthermore, to my desire to don an evening gown and white sash, and have my picture taken with a sign that proclaims me "Miss Hwy 87", or better yet "Miss Juvenile Rehabilitation Center".
8/08/2003 12:41:00 PM [ link ]
I'm going to go lay on the beach for a week with a good book. Catch you later.
8/04/2003 09:49:00 PM [ link ]
Seriously, why is it that every single time I try to turn on my oven, the end result is that the pilot light turns itself off?
I hate cooking.
8/04/2003 04:58:00 PM [ link ]
girl at bar: So, what do you do?
James: I'm at WashU, studying computer science.
girl at bar: (looks confused) I'm sorry, did you say "pseudoscience"?
James: (tries valiantly to erase a pained look from his face)
James: computer science.
James: (with limited success)
girl at bar: oh.